Saturday, October 22, 2011

Like Movie Memories


You float, we float, in my head.
Even though this bridge is broken.
You said, I said, that we were dead.
But I seem to have just woken.

We intertwine, slowly
Rough copper wires in the sun
In the dark, we are glowing,
The shine, the rust, all one.

These flashes, of fantasy
They sear, they linger,
Don’t know if it’s just a memory
As I feel your lips on my fingers.

I can see your eyes glinting
In this soft slow song
Your movements, they are hinting
That this is right, but it’s mostly wrong.

We ignore the cuts of the whip
Because we laugh together,
And as we take this drunken sip
We feel as light as feather.

We feel like two blades of grass
Yet we’re different blades,
Our greenness, it might come to pass.
As we rush through everglades.

We’re tired, we’re lonely,
We’re sunken so low
We mirror each other
In this fluid snow.

Yet our actions are different
We can’t be the same
Because you can’t accept
And I can’t be tamed.

And as these tangled vines unravel
And sing this dirge to the spirit
In my veins it begins to travel
That everything but my heart is in it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god. So fucking glad you've started writing again. I just remembered why I loved your writing in the first place:
    "We intertwine, slowly
    Rough copper wires in the sun
    In the dark, we are glowing,
    The shine, the rust, all one."

    But I couldn't help laugh at this line:
    "Because you can’t accept
    And I can’t be tamed."
    Blame Miley Cyrus :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminded you of Miley Cyrus?? Are you serious?! Oh Lord.
    Thanks but.:)

    ReplyDelete