Friday, September 9, 2011

When It Left


Then the tinkle of it came
Like music to my thirsting ears
And it seemed to push away
The barrenness of fear

The white of glinting teeth
Like a rosebud to the dew
It seemed to shine above
Like the sun risen anew

That call I seemed to give
With those words filtered out
To the happy tremble of lips
To that ringing divine sound

And day after day I’d call
Through all the sadness within
I’d choke my silent tears
With the sound of this smiling din

Until one day I was torn
I was cut deep inside
Like a spear was twisted through me
Like a worm with a place to hide

That sound, it did not fall
Upon my hollow ears
The pallor enveloped me
I listened but could not hear

Like a sucking hollow vacuum
My self seemed to pull
It pulled away from me
And left me of nothingness full.

No comments:

Post a Comment