Friday, December 24, 2010

The Love In A Killing

There I see him lying awake
His blinking eyes with tears that betray
He lays one skinny hand on mine
And feels the warmth of comfort benign

He lifts his eyes to my face
And thanks me in his signature way
My sight begins to blur now
I blink away the tears now

I look into his beautiful face
Hard and scarred but still with grace
His eyes have lost their shine,
They haven't seen the sun.
His lips have lost their smile,
They have long since kissed no one.

I smile at him now, with my own pretty mouth
I touch his hair, and smooth it out
He looks as beautiful as he can possibly be
His face as always loving me

He has suffered enough, lost all hope
The knife is in him and I get up to go
His eyes have shut obediently
His blood on my hands clings to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment